A fabulous Reflections ceremony was held on Wednesday, highlighting the wonderful creativity of many Foxes. Thank you to our Reflections chair, Jenny Scott, and to all those that helped organize and execute an amazing program during such an unusual time.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for our supportive NFES community.
2020-21 PTA President
Yearbook Themes and Ordering Info!
Thank you for uploading photos for yearbook at HJeshare! Here are upcoming themes for photos we’re collecting-- please use the following keywords in the description box:
- THANKFUL - Send us a photo of your student with something/someone they are thankful for!
- MUSIC - Calling all musicians! Let's see a picture of you participating in music class or playing your favorite instrument.
- ART Let's see those beautiful art projects you have made during art class or after school.
Yearbook sales are finally live!
Please note there is a new way to place your order, and some new options for your book selection and booster messages.
Now until December 18th: Hardcover $20 or (NEW) Soft cover $15
After December 18th, prices will increase: Hardcover $25 or (NEW) Soft cover $20
Shipping (optional) $7/book. Books will be given out at the end of the school year. Any books not shipped home will be delivered to the school and distribution will be TBD.
The last day to order a yearbook is March 15th. Order now to take advantage of low pricing!
- Click HERE and enter code 10385.
- Click "Order A Yearbook".
- Follow the steps to add your student and order your book.
- Please see below if you would like to order a Booster message for your child. These are called "Ads" on the new website.
- K-4th grade Booster Ad TEXT Only $4
- 5th grade Booster Ad TEXT Only $4
- (NEW) 5th grade 1/8 page Ad w/PHOTO $20
To order a Booster/Ad
- Find the Yearbook Ads drop-down at the top
- Select which booster (Ad) type you would like - please note only 5th graders have the option to add a photo with their message.
- Enter your text (and upload your photo if applicable)
- Finish purchasing your book
Please watch your email for more detailed information and for sample booster ads. Please let your yearbook co-chairs (Janet and Jamie) know if you have any questions: YearbookNFES@gmail.com.
Still Looking for Room Parents!
We are hoping to have one room parent per class at this time. The number of room parents per class and responsibilities may change as the year progresses.
If you are interested, please contact Elizabeth Abbott.
We are at 90% PTA membership — SO close to our goal of 100%! Please consider joining if you have not already — we encourage each family (mom, dad, grandparents) at NFE to join. If you have any questions, contact Dana Hennesey.
Thank you Fox Fund Families!
Additional family and Matching Gift donations to the Fox Fund have pushed our fund raising slightly over the$9,000 threshold! We are grateful to the continued support from the NFES community. The car magnets will be ordered soon and a distribution plan is being developed so we can thank our donors. Thank you Fox Families!
2020-21 Reflections Awards
Congratulations to all our 2020-2021 NFES PTA Reflections participants! We were able to gather together virtually on the evening of Wednesday, November 11 to celebrate everyone’s exceptional effort and the inspiring art work submitted by students from Kindergarten through Fifth grade. Reflections certificates and ribbons are placed at the entrance of Nuckols Farm Elementary until November 20th. Click HERE for the list of award winners and some special thank yous!
Two Weeks Left to Order Your Paver!
A paver is a timeless way to cement your family's time at NFE. While virtual learning is a reality for us now, pavers are a permanent way of having your child visit their legacy at school at any time. So, order your paver now and make it a special holiday or end-of-year grade promotion gift. Thank you for supporting our outdoor garden area, as it will be instrumental in our return to school, when teachers are looking for a fun way to teach outside!
Pavers can be ordered through Membership Toolkit.
Deadline: December 1, 2020
Installation: Spring 2021
Parent Contact: Emily McKinney
5th Grade Parent Contact: Sue Boling
Faculty Contact: Carolyn Luxton
11703 West Broad Street
Wednesday, November 18
4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Treat yourself to dinner and/or dessert at Panera and earn 20% back for NFE!
Support Johnson Elementary
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, NFES is collecting pencil boxes for our sister school, Johnson Elementary, through Friday, November 20.
Pencil boxes in any color should be 5x8 (approx.) in size, plastic, with an attached lid. They can be left in the collection bin outside the front doors at NFE between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Thanks so much for your support!
Welcome Ms. Logwood!
NFE has a new school nurse, Ms. Tara Logwood, RN. Questions? You can reach Ms. Logwood by calling the main office or by email:
Library Helpful Hints
Have questions about the NFE Library? Check this information page from Ms. Young and Ms. Lawrence. Adjustments for the second quarter will be made once more details are available.
SUPPORT THE FARM EVERY TIME YOU SHOP OR EAT!
- Due to Covid, we have placed a collection box outside of the front door of NFE. It is a plastic gray box clearly labeled as belonging to Boxtops.
-Boxtops can be turned in inside a plastic ziplock bag or we have included (as attachment in this email) a blank collection sheet that can be printed off and used at home.
-If the parent would like their child entered in to a random draw raffle for a prize, they may include the student’s name on their submission.
-All physical Boxtops should be turned in by our second deadline of the school year March 2021.
- Please download and try the Boxtops App and encourage family and friends to as well. So long as a Nuckols Farm Elementary is selected we will receive credit.
Thank you for your efforts in supporting our school by participating in the Box Tops for Education Program.