I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. It is hard to believe that in just two short weeks we will be disconnecting again to enjoy the holiday season. I want to continue to thank you for your support of both your child and our school.
Below you will find a few reminders and updates:
- Packet Pick-Up will take place next week, Wednesday, December 9 – Friday, December 11, from 7 am – 7pm
- Please access the PowerSchool Parent Portal to review and sign the two COVID-19 Health and Safety Forms. These forms must be signed before students, who have opted for in-person, can re-enter school.
- Winter Break is December 21 – January 1.
- Monday, January 4 – Students return from Winter Break
- January 4 – January 8 - All limited in-person learning scheduled for this week is canceled. Learning for all students will occur virtually.
- We continue to prepare and are looking forward to having many of our foxes return to the building in January. At this time, students in grade K-2 who have opted for in-person instruction will return on Monday, January 11, 2021. While students in grades 3-5 will return on Thursday, January 14.
- The first Packet Pick-Up of 2021 is scheduled for the week of January 11.
Crystal Metzger, Principal
Hi, Fox Families-
I hope you all had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving break!
With the holidays quickly approaching during a challenging year, I have seen a few questions about faculty and staff gifts. If you choose to purchase a gift or send a card/picture to a NFES faculty or staff member, we encourage you to do so electronically. Limited staff members are working from the school building and given current restrictions, we hope to alleviate having a large number of visitors in and out of the office.
If you have any questions or if I can help in any way, please just let me know. Thank you!
2020-21 PTA President
Room Parents Still Needed!
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered so far. We do still need one Room Parent in the classrooms listed below. If you're willing to help out, right now, the role is really just as a liaison between the teacher and parents as needed! Please email Elizabeth Abbott
1- Kratzert, Lee, Snyder
4- Ciarochi, Bond
Spirit Night at Mellow Mushroom
Spirit Night at Mellow Mushroom is coming up on December 9! Please join us and support our school -15% of sales will go back to NFE!!
Not a pizza fan? No worries, their salad and sandwiches are yummy too!
Remember to purchase your yearbook ASAP for early-bird pricing! Prices will increase on December 18th.
- Go to https://www.yearbookordercenter.com and enter code 10385.
- Click on "Order A Yearbook".
- Follow the steps to add your student and order your book.
- Don’t forget to purchase an “Ad” (booster) for your child if desired.
December Yearbook Photo Themes are here! Remember to use the keywords in the description box.
- FRIENDS We want to see how you stay connected with your pals!
- READER Show us your student reading their favorite book, or dressed up like their favorite book character!
- WHEELS Send in photos of your student on their bike, skateboard or rollerskates!
- TIEDYE Show us your student in their favorite tie dye! (Or even making their own!)
- HOMESCHOOL Let's see your student in their favorite place to work at home.
In January, we will collect student portraits for the yearbook. Stay tuned for more info.
Any questions about purchasing a yearbook or uploading photos? Contact YearbookNFES@gmail.com
The Giving Tree is Back!
Thank you so much to all that have agreed to sponsor a child this holiday with our giving tree. All children were sponsored within the first 24 hours we shared it with you all! Thank you!
As a reminder, we will have a drive through gift drop off from 1:00-3:00 on December 11th. If you are unable to drop off during this window, please call the office at 364-0840 to arrange an alternate time to drop off.
A few tips for returning gifts:
Wrap gifts in winter wrapping paper and place in a large bag.
Attach a large piece of paper with the ornament number to the bag of gifts.
Please do not label gifts.
Please do not spend more than $50.
Gifts are due to NFES by December 11th.
This November, Mr. Wasserman's 5th-grade class participated in the Unruly Splats National Fall Fitness Challenge. The challenge required students to make a code for a 10-second countdown timer and a 30-second stopwatch and use these codes to complete a series of fitness tasks. Mr. Wasserman's class finished 2nd in the national challenge! Awesome job, foxes!
Attention 5th Grade Students and Families!
Each year, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration Association recognizes one student from every Henrico County Public School for service to others through its Lights of Hope program. This recognition is in honor of Dr. King’s legacy of service to the community and his belief that we should all show care and love for one another. At Nuckols Farm, a 5th grade student will be selected for the Lights of Hope Award based on involvement in school, community service organizations and events, and overall contributions to help others.
If you would like to be considered for the Lights of Hope Award, please complete this application. The application includes a brief essay to be independently completed by the student applicant. While parents may assist by helping their student to remember various activities and organize information, the form is to be completed by the student. In order to be considered, complete the application by Friday, December 11th at 2:30 pm. Applications received after that time will not be considered. A committee of NFES staff members will review all applications and select a Lights of Hope honoree to represent our school in a virtual celebration.
The HCPS virtual recognition event will be held on Monday, January 18, 2021 at 11:30 a.m. with Congressman Donald McEachin as the keynote speaker. A video of the names of the recipients and their respective schools will be shown during the program. Individual trophies will be delivered to schools for honorees after the celebration.
Many NFES 5th graders demonstrate the characteristics of Dr. King by showing love and care for others and being actively involved in our school and community. We encourage you to apply for this opportunity of recognition to honor Dr. King’s legacy. We look forward to reviewing your application.
SUPPORT THE FARM EVERY TIME YOU SHOP OR EAT!
- Due to Covid, we have placed a collection box outside of the front door of NFE. It is a plastic gray box clearly labeled as belonging to Boxtops.
-Boxtops can be turned in inside a plastic ziplock bag or we have included (as attachment in this email) a blank collection sheet that can be printed off and used at home.
-If the parent would like their child entered in to a random draw raffle for a prize, they may include the student’s name on their submission.
-All physical Boxtops should be turned in by our second deadline of the school year March 2021.
- Please download and try the Boxtops App and encourage family and friends to as well. So long as a Nuckols Farm Elementary is selected we will receive credit.
Thank you for your efforts in supporting our school by participating in the Box Tops for Education Program.