2021/2022 Executive Board
The Executive Board for the 2021/2022 school year was installed this week. The new PTA Officers are:
President: Kim Apollony
VP Volunteers: Carrie Settar
VP Ways and Means: Amy Lawson and Resa Hoye
Secretary: Ann Brock
Treasurer: Michelle Lipawsky
Congratulations to Janet Bachelder and JamieGibberman on being named PTA Volunteers of theYear for their tireless efforts to make the 2020 and 2021 NFE Yearbooks amazing, despite the many challenges that they faced.
And THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered for the PTA this year. Your time dedication is so valued. Don't forget to watch this video created by NFE staff and students.
Fifth grade parents! On May 27 your students were being treated to a virtual visit with author Lynda Mullaly Hunt today. Your family can order a signed copy of her books from local bookstore bbgb through May 31. Click HERE for instructions.
School supply kits for 2021/22 go on sale soon! Kits will be available from May 31 to June 25.
To order, go to www.shopttkits.com
and use the account number is 93997. The kits will be delivered directly to your home the week of August 22.
Field Day T-Shirts
We are so excited about Field Day and the T-shirts are HERE! If your child is in-person they will receive their shirt at school today, May 28. If you have children both in-person and virtual, your shirts will go home with your in-person student today, May 28.
For Field Day T-shirts going to VIRTUAL students, pick-up will be on Tuesday, June 1st from 8-10am at the bus loop. There will also be an opportunity to pick-up your shirt ON Field Day if the pick-up time on June 1st does not work for you. However, we would like to get the shirts distributed as soon as possible. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Yearbooks should be arriving in the
next couple of weeks!
- Students who attend in-person will receive their yearbooks in class.
- Students who have books being shipped to home should receive them in the next few weeks.
- Virtual students will get their books at a drive-through pick-up at school. Please keep an eye out for details about this - coming soon!
Jamie and Janet
Congrats Mrs. Shrader!
The Henrico Citizen recently named 4th grade teacher, Karen Shrader, in their "Henrico's Top Teachers" feature! Mrs. Shrader was nominated for the honor by members of the Henrico County community. “From the very beginning Mrs. Shrader went above and beyond by turning her dining room into a classroom that made it look and feel like she was at school,” one parent nominator wrote. “To keep the kids engaged she would wear a different hat to go with a holiday or learning theme. She found a way to keep the kids guessing and intrigued about what she was going to do next which gave them a reason to get excited each morning.”
The full article can be found HERE.
Last Day of School Change
HCPS will be closed Friday, June 18 in observance of Juneteenth, the holiday marking the end of slavery. The last day of school will, therefore, be Thursday, June 17 (full day).
SUPPORT THE FARM EVERY TIME YOU SHOP OR EAT!
- For any virtual students, we have placed a collection box outside of the front door of NFE. It is a plastic gray box clearly labeled as belonging to Boxtops.
- For any in-person student, clipped box tops can be turned to your teacher in a plastic Ziplock bag or we have included a blank collection sheet
that can be printed off or feel free to tape clipped box tops to any sheet of paper.
- If you haven't done so already, please download and try the BTE App and encourage family and friends to as well. It's free and easy to use. Please select Nuckols Farm Elementary so that our school can receive credit on scanned submissions. This can be done all year long...even during the SUMMER!
The more families participate, the closer we come to meeting our goal in spite of the pandemic. Thank you for your efforts in supporting our school by participating in the Box Tops for Education Program. Together, we all can make a difference in the community and for our school!
Send your artist for Art Camp through AR Workshop Richmond! Register HERE and use the promo code NUCKOLS.